Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Last Hurrah

Last weekend my family and I took our final road trip of the summer, up to our land in Vernon, AZ. I found beauty in some unexpected places and took the time to relax before starting another full semester at the University of Missouri. It will be hard to post very much during the school year, but I'll do my best.















































Our camping spot. The area received about eight inches of rain over that weekend.
















Ellie blowing bubbles. The tall pine trees created a beautiful horizon mirrored in each bubble.


My beautiful sister.


This male rufous hummingbird was extremely shy and wouldn't come to the feeder when I was nearby, so I didn't get any shots of him in flight. However, I did get these photos of him perching. The different angles show how brightly colored his plumage is.


This female rufous hummingbird was a little shy at first but quickly warmed up to me. She allowed me to get closer every day. I photographed her by a feeder.


Another angle of the female rufous.


My dad, at a great and notoriously spicy restaurant in Springerville called Los Dos Molinos.



I set my camera timer to capture all of us circled expectantly around our table.