Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

An Introduction, and Pockets

My name is Katy Mooney, and this is my blog. All we have in life are little moments, and it is a photographer's job to capture them so that others may appreciate their beauty, and hopefully learn and grow from seeing them. I hope this blog is a learning experience for both me and you. Welcome, friends, and enjoy my first post below.

On Jan. 25, 2009, I roamed the streets of downtown Columbia, MO and asked the people I met if I could photograph the contents of their pockets. It was part of an assignment for my photojournalism class at the University of Missouri. The photos below were of three friends who graciously allowed me to photograph them even though it was well below freezing outside.



Andrew Procter's six-pocketed jacket turned out a surprising array of keychains.



Jordi McGrew's red peacoat provided a vibrant background for the contents of her pockets.



"You should have seen all the stuff we carried around with us when we were in Japan," said Greg Brostoski. "That would have made good photos."